ECHO’s Captains Duties
All ECHO team captains are approved by ECHO on the terms that they understand & agree to the guidelines listed below. Our primary goal is to make sure all players have fun and stay safe in our social athletic organization. Captains and Co-captains that don’t agree to or abide by the guidelines can be removed as a team captain or suspended for serious infraction.
A paper forfeit results in a single point deduction in the standings. At ECHO ‘s discretion teams with 2 or more paper forfeits may not be eligible to play in the league Championship.
Each team is required to send scorekeepers as per the league schedule. Captains need to make arrangements for your scorekeepers to be at the game and on time. If a team misses score-keeping duty you will receive a paper forfeit. It is expected that teams will send responsible and trustworthy scorekeepers who have read and understand the rule book.
Game Start Time, Equipment & Forfeit Policy:
- Games are required to start on time and last no more than 1 hour from the scheduled start time. (Teams forfeit if unable to take field 15mins after scheduled start time)
- Any team that does not have a minimum of 4 females and 4 males at the field at game time shall lose an inning if kicking for every 5 minutes you are not ready. After 15 minutes the game is a forfeit, you may scrimmage but the game will show as a 5-0 loss. Teams may not negotiate deals.
- A game will be recorded as a 5–0 loss for any team(s) that forfeits a game prior to the actual start of the game such as in the case where you do not have enough players.
- Any regular season game, where a team is losing by 13 or more after the 3rd inning is considered complete and the score is official. You may scrimmage past that point but the score shall not change.
- A game will be recorded as a loss with a 13 run differential for any team(s) that forfeits a game after it starts if they declare a forfeit or are forfeited by ECHO. Example… in the case of a team unsportsmanlike conduct, if the score is 6-0 at the time of forfeit it becomes 12-0. If the score is 8-2 the score becomes 14-2. In the case where an injury causes a team to not have enough players at some point past the start of the game will result in a 5-0 loss or the actual score at the time of the injury, if it was a larger run differential.
- Games delayed by rain, lightning or other unforeseen circumstances will not have timed added. A game is considered official after 3 complete innings.
- ECHO provides the bases and kickball’s. Teams must leave the kickball on the pitcher’s mound after your game.
Games that need to be made up will be replayed at the end of the regular season and in the order that they occur.
Captains are responsible for the conduct of themselves and their players. ECHO can and will suspend players who violate the rules or do not act in a sportsmanlike manor. If multiple players are acting in a unsportsmanlike manor the game will result in a forfeit.
Teams that intentionally run out the game clock in the late innings by not taking the field in a reasonable amount of time etc may have their game ruled a forfeit.
Only Captains and Co-Captains can “Discuss” calls with a referee. Please keep discussion of calls short as you will only lose out on game time.
All beverages must be in an opaque cup or container. Absolutely glass bottles, funnels or coolers are allowed ON the field. We suggest you pre fill your beverages at home.
- Teams are responsible for properly throwing their trash away after the game.
- Pets are allowed at our fields but NOT on the fields.
- Security, lock your car and keep anything of value in your trunk where it cannot be seen.
- The above rules also apply to your guests and you are responsible for them.
- Captains must have a copy of their official ECHO roster on hand at all times.
- ECHO may add players to your team as needed for a maximum of 20 players. ECHO also MAY have a minimum requirement such as 6 females per team.
- Teams with ALL Females teams are allowed
- Only registered players who are on your official ECHO roster may play.
- ECHO will conduct random roster checks and illegal players will result in a forfeit, the captain being suspended and possibility of not being eligible to play in the championship rounds.
- All players must wear an official team shirt and it must be the correct team color.
- Players wearing a cast or walking boot (moon boot) are not eligible to play. Knee braces, ace bandages and wrist casts are acceptable but only at the players own risk. Pregnant women past the 1st trimester is an unnecessary risk and there-for not eligible to play. ECHO reserves the right to make the final decision on any players eligibility to play due to injury, illness or general safety concerns.
- Game lineups are final at game start time. Late players should be added to the end of the roster and may only play if the team has not gone through the lineup yet. If a player misses his/her spot in the lineup and does not kick they are officially out of the game!
- Captains are required to provide copy of lineups to scorekeeper before the start of the game. A referee will not accept a lineup challenge unless you can show them a copy.
- All players are entitled to an equal amount of playing time as ECHO “owns” the team rights not the captain.
League Bar & Parties:
ECHO is a social organization and fully expects team captains to encourage their players to visit the official league bar and attend the parties. Our bars serve non alcoholic drinks and food for those who choose not to drink.
Help Us Help You:
ECHO urges captains & players to discuss with your league representative any issues that we need to know about. Safety and player satisfaction is what we strive for.